Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MANdolin

I am spending this week with my brother at his guitar camp, I'm going to include a large overview of this week later, (once the week is over) but I'm bored right now while he's in a class so I thought I'd type up a little sub-text as to what has happened, thus far.

I met a girl, I know, weird, but I did. her name is Melissa, and she comes from star-valley Utah and is in the Star Valley Grass Band, I knew this band because last year I had met a girl named Megan at a summer camp I attend who is also in this band so when I heard the name I asked her if she knew Megan, she did, since then----basically nothing has happened.

she's a very friendly girl, Mellissa, and because I was a woodwind player in a sea of "string"ists, (violins, guitars, cellos, basses, and Mandolins), she is an amazing singer and only picked up the guitar a few years ago, when I mentioned to her that I was only here for my brother and that I played clarinet three things happened, 1. she laughed, 2. she asked me to bring my Clarinet the next day and play a bit (more on that in the future post), and 3. she offered to teach me a bit of how to play the Mandolin.

she showed me three chords, the D chord, the G chord, the C chord, and the F chord, and then..... she let me take her Mandolin home with me!!! either she trusts me more than she should, or she wants to get on my good side, either way is fine with me, she's cute. :)

so...... I took the Mandolin home and spent some time getting the hang of things, and when I brought it back today I realized that 4 chords means almost nothing and I have a long way to go before I can be proficient in any degree, but thanks to Melissa and her over-trusting nature I have discovered that string'ed instruments can be really fun, I think I'm going to steal one of my dad's seldom used guitars and take it to college, then in my spare time I can learn some chords and maybe eventually I'll be able to call myself a guitarist....maybe.



but probably not...

2 comments:

  1. amazing what a good looking girl can do to a guy's week....hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know it!!! but wait there's more!! just read my next entry!!!

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style