Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How to Fix A Car... And other things...

Well... recently General Conference was, and now application is. but how does this apply to flying an airplane? that depends on the weather condition. I fixed a car. that's right, no expensive equipment, no mechanic license, next time you need a lube, come to me! for i fix cars for a weekend.

seriously though, while watching Conference at Sean's house with a bucket'o'friends, I found a match-box car that was undouptably broken. hence, the entire front axle was loose and the wheels were sliding all around, I found a simple way of sliding the axle into place and positioning the wheels so that they would spin freely, using nothing but my finger tips, lets see a trained professional do that!!!

on a more serious note, wasn't conference this past week awesome? I may have been fixing a car during the interluding music breaks, but I listened to all the talks. I have to say that my favorite was Hollands talk at the very beginning when he expressed his gratitude towards his parents and the members of the church, I have to admit I shed a tear when he told that story about his parents.

and a new revelation has hit us, they provide cups of water for the speakers! my question, what if more than one person actually needed that cup of water? that's not very good hygiene for all those seasoned young men to be practicing, I never saw them switch the cup after Uchtdorf set it down, what if the speaker after him had needed a sip?

on a more serious note. it seemed that two of the biggest messages they gave was 1: "listen to the prophet, for his word is the word of God" and 2: "wickedness never was happiness" has anyone noticed that the prophets "final words" during the last conference session were short, abrupt, yet encouraging? he asked us specifically to reread the issue of the talks in the new era when it comes out, and told us how magnificent the conference had been. Now i know personally that after conference I always intend to reread to talks, but loose momentum after about the first one... but after a whole conference focused on how the prophets words are directly the words of Christ I thought. if Christ asked me to do something as simple as reread the talks in order for me to gain a greater understanding of the Gospel, would I do it? often times Christ asks simple things of us as a trial of faith, will we trust him or will we look away in disbelief? I personally am going to do all I can to reread the whole conference, because I don't want to miss anything important.

on the other hand, i'm slightly relieved that he didn't stand up and ask everyone to start gathering in Missouri, I haven't even finished my first semester of College yet!!!

5 comments:

  1. Steven, I didn't notice you fixing the car! how talented!!! :) Conference was wonderful and I'm glad that I was able to share it with our wonderful bucket o friends. I'll try to help you remember to read the talks if you help me to remember to read them as well. Deal? ok bye bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely interesting to see the responses to this session of Conference, especially Pres. Packer's talk. It's a good reminder of how much we will pull away from the World, especially since SLC is supposed to become one of the wickedest cities.
    (On another note, I don't think fixing that car qualifies you as an auto mechanic)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how would you know what qualifies a car mechanic? you wouldn't, so your opinion wouldn't count, It is interesting to note that, hmmm, guess I might have chosen the wrong college after all.... kidding!!! mine still trumps yours in the field of trumpaging BYU, you don't even have that field, so there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i agree with Sean. You can just be the kind of fixing toy cars, k? haha and everything you played with was distracing at some point, first the hotwheel, then your ring, then the pen, then your ring and the pen combined lol then me & brie had a good laugh.... but (not to distract from the topic of conference) it was still a wonderful conference! :D i enjoyed seeing everyone! and Holland's talk was beautiful, i always love his talks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW steven, remember to read those talks...

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style