Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Day I obtained Divine Power

Today, I obtained the power of God, The Melchizedek Priesthood, I also slept in and missed church, but that's besides the point because it was actually a good thing. See, it goes like this: because I missed my singles ward I was able to go to my home ward, because I was able to go to my homeward I was able to be awarded my Duty to God Award, bless the sacrament one more time in my ward before going to college, connect with my home-teaching companion to go home-teaching one last time, say good by to the Burninghams (my favorite teaching couple of all time who better be reading this), and sit with my dad and brothers for the opening exercises of Priesthood meeting. So in the end it was a blessing that I slept in late and didn't go to missionary prep, so there!!! because if I hadn't then I wouldn't have achieved my Duty to God, wouldn't have been able to do all those good things, solely because I woke up on time, just goes to show that The Lord can make anything into a good thing.

At the actual ordination meeting I got to enjoy having my bishop, young mens leader, grandparents, and high-priest leaders there, along with my family, I couldn't help laughing when Bro. Hull asked my parents to share things about me, I was thinking "share things to embarrass me", and as anyone knows, I have found a way to enjoy being embarrassed, so it follows, I was laughing through the whole thing-silently-but laughing, I felt bad because I was laughing during their testimony parts too.... but it was actually really nice to hear all he good things they said about me, I'm glad people think i'm so good, makes me relate to Nephi, sort of.

It's not often I get to hear my parents bare their testimonies, they don't often bare them in church, maybe that's why I find it so hard to stand up myself? I'm getting better at that. It was really nice to hear my Mom and Dad speak with the spirit, it brought the spirit into the house and prepared me for my ordination.

Now that I have the Melchizedek Priesthood I have a sacred duty to My God to continually be doing good, giving service, and keeping all his commandments, I hope to be successful in these endeavors, and by reading the scriptures I am comforted in knowing that this is possible.

3 comments:

  1. congradulations! your getting old...er :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ste--
    It's Gramma Pans--pretty cool to have a blog. Don't have time to read all your blogs now, but I'll check in a little later.

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style