Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hi, I don't know your name, but i'm really going to miss you!

Today was my first day of church in college. I'm not perfectly sure how the wards are arranged, but I know that all the people in my building are in the same ward. which is pretty cool because then we get a greater chance to get to know each other.

although there is a track-station right next to the institute, its faster to walk because my building is on the same road and the nearest station to board is a circumventional route, then you'd have to wait for the train, and it's just fast to walk.

There are four meeting houses in the institute building, I know that at least 1 of them has real benches, but the one my ward meets in has plastic, stack-able, chairs. I was actually surprised at how packed the room was. I also found it funny to note that the chairs closer to the front were cushioned while the chairs in the back were hard plastic, good old LDS style.

This week was kind of weird, especially as a freshman because the bishopric was being reorganized and all the previous bishoprics and their wives were speaking. It was a very spiritual meeting, but I found it rather funny that they were talking about how much they'd miss being in our ward, when 40% of the ward had never even met them yet. It was really kind of cool to watch just how much they cared for the rag-tag group of college students, and I saw a similar kind of love developing in the new bishops demeanor as well. I think I'm going to really like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style