Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm really busy! give me a break!!!

well, I'm a College Student, enough said right? most day's I have class from 7:30am to 4:00pm with little break in between, then I have work twice a week from 4:00-9:30, 3 hours of practicing a day i'm (supposed) to do, I usually get about an hour and a half, plus written homework, essay's to type, and don't even get me started about the 10+ hours i'm required to donate to a marching band game every week, and My english teacher wonders why I fall asleep in his lectures about "The Mediaeval World View!!!". 


We have learned 10 steps of the cha cha in my ballroom dance class, and today I found a permanent dance partner for the rest of the semester, which i'm glad about because some of the girls in that class aren't to fun to dance with (i.e. no backs to their shirts, or just plain can't dance!) It's a really fun class and the teacher is extremely funny.

My Keyboarding teacher is japanese, and I don't think she understands how to teach the piano very well. she tries to talk faster than she knows how to, confuses her words, and then gets frustrated when we don't understand when if she would just write what she wanted on the board we'd understand so much faster.

My Music Theory class is really fun, my professor is such a techno-junky that he gave us GPS coordinates to help us find the computer lab in the library where we meet on Friday's. he has us hand all of our assignments in digitally through a server, and he hates paper. He told us that when he was in college instead of carrying a huge textbook around he'd just take a photo of each page and save the photos as his own personal virtual textbook. some of those books have thousands of pages!!! he's a nut.

For my Musicianship professor I have Super-Man!! no seriously, before he got a haircut he had that superman curl going, I don't know if it was intentional but It was really cool. but now he has shorter hair and he just looks normal, crazy turn of events happened with him though, technically I wasn't supposed to be in his class, but in a class on the other end of the hall, but when I went to go meet the other teacher I decided that I liked superman better, so I transferred teachers.

Living in the honor's dorms is awesome, all the people here are really cool, just last tuesday I played chess with a guy from India, and he beat me!! twice!!! those were really fun games too. I'm going to play him until I win, i've got to sharpen up on my skills.

I recently got a job at the cafeteria on campus, I make sandwiches (which is like a child-hood fantasy coming true), clean the floors, and clean the tables, (which is like a child-hood nightmare coming true) all this combines into and average good dose of reality and I am motivated to not fail at college so I don't have to do jobs like such for my whole life.

I'm doing pretty well with my contra, my parents bought me a plastic reed just last week which works really well, and I'm really enjoying myself.

Life is rather busy right now, but I know that I'll always be able to overcome it, I have the scriptures, prayer, church, institute, lots of things to remind me that I can receive help. I do my best to always have a smile on my face and say hi to everyone I see. I look forward to the future with an eye of hope.

7 comments:

  1. "give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of the kit-kat bar!!!" haha thats you! :) i thought of that when i read the title

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess that means you have to give me a kit-kat, otherwise you'll have 3 years of bad luck... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 years? of bad luck? whys that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. because I want a kit-kat now that you mentioned them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha oh gee, im sorry, i guess ill have to have back luck for awhile till i get you one :P haha sorry i mentioned it

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style