Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Hearts of the Children

I finished version 1.0 of my first Hymn, it's not perfect, it's not done, but it's closer than 99.9% of the worlds population has ever been. Here is what i've done:


This took me almost 10 hours to finish, I spent most of that time on the last 8 measures which will be the chorus once I make extra verses, I don't like the first 8 measures very much because there is too much syncopation, that will change eventually.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven, I started to analyze your music. I like the melody you came up with for the sopranos. Question, the second chord in the second measure, isn't it supposed to be D Bflat D and not C Bflat D?? The C Bflat D sounded funny when I played it on the piano. It happens again in measure 8. Other than that so far your hymn seems to be in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelby, yes your right, it needs to be changed, except that would double the third and I think there should be a better option. My professors advice me to double first the root, then the fifth, and they say that that I should never have to double the third if i'm doing it right. The only time they allow it to be doubled is when resolving a V7 deceptive cadence. I'm going to rework the hymn, eventually what I have posted will be changed.

    thanks for keeping me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style