Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Average LIfe of a College Student

This is a photo of my sleeping schedule:


I made a commitment to myself to do one thing, start a habit of getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night. I didn't want this goal to mean that I wake up later if I go to bed later, I wanted to keep a constant wake up call and focus on getting to bed earlier. I did rather well at that until friday morning when my phones alarm didn't go off. Friday night I gave myself some liberties and just didn't use an alarm, on on saturday I forgot to set my alarm. I'm going to continue my goal and hopefully create a habit so strong that I don't need an alarm to begin with. Friday nights may be the exception sometimes, as I do need at least one night to enjoy with my friends. One more step towards being prepared for a mission.

7 comments:

  1. If you continue waking early, eventually you should find yourself getting to bed earlier and getting more sleep. It does sort of restrict your social life a little bit, and it is hard to stay at that point... I made it about 2 weeks before I was forced to stay up later and haven't gotten back to it...
    It will really help you prepare for a mission if you include a scripture study soon after you wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I study scriptures at night, my goal is eventually to arrange my life so that I don't have to stay up late very often, and to control myself so that regardless of when I go to bed I can still wake up at 6:30. The exercise is less about aligning my life to the way life on a mission is, and more about being able to control my actions regardless of the situation. It has more universal application that way. It's good advice though, many times last week I found myself cutting my scripture study short in order to get to bed on time. I may just switch what time of day I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check this out... and you can watch a BYU devotional even though you go to the U

    http://www.byutv.org/watch/155-737

    I've been doing my best to do this, it's been a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like to get 7+ hours of sleep at night. I think the only time that will truly happen is when my 3 teenage daugthers decide to be in the house at a decent time at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could sleep on the couch until they come home, then go to bed once they wake you up? My mom and dad had the same problem when I was that age, usually they just required me to be home by the time they wanted to be to sleep, I had to knock on their door and report on my night. 11:30 is a good curfew, even lenient i think, right? mine was 11.... I think you can do it with the right mind set! who says new years resolutions can't happen in march?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read this at 2:00 am. THe problem is not always getting to sleep, it's staying asleep when you have stuff on your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. or not having semi-awake dreams about everyone turning into poke'mon and have super powers.... that happened last night... I don't get very much rest when I dream...

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style