Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Sunday, September 19, 2010

1 Month Down

it's been about a month since college began, doesn't seem that long to me. When I really think about it though, I realize that 4 weeks of school have already happened and moved on. People say that when you die your life will flash before your eyes, I must have been dying for a long time then because it seems life has been going by in a flash these past few months.

I've been getting better at my clarinet really fast. I think i'm finally out of recovery mode from when I tried to learn to play oboe, and I actually feel like i'm improving. I'm still learning how to play the guitar, it just that I find it hard to pick it up and practice, I'll get around to it-eventually...

I know I shouldn't have, but this week I bought a book at the book store. Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson, it cost only 8 dollars, but was such good entertainment that it was worth 30, I think I got a good deal. although, his latest book "The Way of Kings" IS about 30 dollars, and somehow I think the same math applies and it's quality is worth about 150, to bad I don't have enough money for either price. I know what I'm asking for for christmas though.

I recently got a job working at the cafeteria on campus, it's usually not that exciting of a job although they told me that most thursday's I get to work the cotton candy machine. Which is Awesome! I get so covered in the stuff its crazy, my co-workers call me 'Ghostbuster' or 'Spiderman' because it looks like I got his with the slime from ghostbuster or one of spiderman's webs. I had students taking pictures of me with their phones!!! it was awesome. besides that, cleaning tables isn't very fun. but I get paid so it's all good.

My ward is great, they have good lessons, speakers, and an awesome ward choir full of virtuoso vocalist majors. (ok, I lied about the last one, there is rarely even enough in attendance to even have a choir). but the rest is awesome. we don't have actual pews so we have chairs. but there are comfortable chairs and plastic ones, to motivate people to come early. and i'd say that our chapel is even more comfortable that way, more leg room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style