Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Monday, January 10, 2011

Fuzzy Fingers Flop Far Fast

Dare you to say it 10 times fast!

ok, so two weeks ago tuesday, I went sledding, and guess what? stupid me, I wore the wrong pare of gloves. You know, the ones without real places for your fingers, just a "mitten cup" as i'm calling it that you can pull on if you need to keep your digits warm, the problem? the mitten part isn't attached to anything which provides infinite opportunities for it to fall off in the event of a sled crash, get covered in snow both inside and out, and leave your fingers out to soak in the snow until they FALL OFF!!!

Luckily, I caught this little trick of my gloves, and was able to borrow my friends gloves after his and many others offers of warmer hand wear, (I get it, i'm an idiot alright?), after a good 2 hours of pain and torture my hands finally thawed out. but much to my dismay, they did not get "un-numb" as I'm calling it, they have remained numb, with slowly receding progress in un-numbing, (one of the few times that "receding" can be called progress I might add...), and currently I am left without the ability to play my clarinet at 100% efficiency, but I do have a hope for the future, in about a month I should be able to function normally, to bad that's not fast enough...

I have a solo!!! 25 measures of just me playing, Contra Alto Clarinet, since when does that happen? I'll tell you, NOW!!! it happens and is happening now!!! the song is wicked fast and blimey impossible to play, yet I get to do it, and with a numb finger to boot!!! luckily the Contra doesn't have holes that the fingers need to cover, so it's really not that hard, just takes practice.

The song we're playing is sweet, I want everyone who can to come hear it, the concert is the 10th of February, at David Gardner Hall in Libby, it is on President Circle in SLC, University of Utah Campus. It should be a great concert and I'd love to see everyone there!

p.s. my fingers aren't as bad as I made them seem, I'm just gripping about them because I felt like it.
P.s.s. After I posted my last post "Two Balloons" I got more views of my blog in one day than i've had in previous months past, did everyone really like my poem that much? do you want me to write/post more poems like that? I like writing poetry so It's not a bother to me, comment below, I want to hear what yawl have to say! Thanks

1 comment:

  1. sure, write more poems. Oh and guess what? when I got my wisdom teeth out in 8th grade, that's how the unnumming progress went. Slowly receding. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style