Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Thursday, April 28, 2011

Family is Forever

I love my family, they are awesome, and so for this post I decided I would write about them instead of about me.

Starting with my Dad, He is amazing. Just a few of his talents are piano, guitar, vocals, origami, pencil art, painting, pottery, and creating inventive nick-names. As an employee for Disney he is able to provide our family with many wonderful trips to Disneyland and gets discounts on many valuable movies. He is a great example of financial independence for me, owning a credit card that he pays off completely each month and then uses the reward points from not being in-debt to buy books from Amazon. About a year a go he bought a car, paying in cash, and even has entrepreneured his own Personal Wealth Guru a self help program for managing money and spending less than you earn. My Dad is an interesting mix of no-nonsense goal setting and completely inane sillyness, but he is able to differentiate between the two and knows when to be have fun and when to work. I still wish he'd play video games with us more...

My Mom is probably the very most loving and caring person I know. So much so that I think if My Mom and Chuck Norris were put in the same room, the apposing forces, yet equal in proportion, of Violence and Love would react in such a way to create an explosion of cosmic proportions immediately forcing the entire world to voluntarily live the law of consecration, and the second coming would happen before its supposed to, which is why its a good thing Chuck Norris is afraid of my Mother (just try to wrap your head around that one). My Mom has taught me good standards of Honesty and Integrity, I still remember when I was about six or five years old and I had stolen my brothers cookie and taken a huge shark bite out of it (one of those large pink grandma sugar cookies). My Mom looked me in the eyes and asked me if I had eaten the cookie, I looked her in the eyes and said I didn't. I think she knew I was lying to her because she then told me that she "hoped I wasn't lying because the day I could look My Mom in the eyes and lie to her face was the day she would... (I don't remember the rest)"... I got away with my crime, but I will always remember the guilty feeling I got when I lied to My Mother like that, and whenever i'm tempted to lie, that moment in my life comes back to memory and I make the correct decision.

If you want to know about me, read my preceding and post-ceding blog posts, they will speak for themselves, or just talk to me personally, I'm not going to brag about myself here.

Bryce is the black sheep in the family, I mean that in the nicest way possible. Most of the family is messy, Bryce is neat, three of the brothers love video games, Bryce does not, basically, Bryce has every good characteristic most of our family lacks in addition then all the good ones we do have. He seems to have inherited my Dad's artistic talents, already having won money for some of his art work and is obsessed with music. I swear, he understands music on a level all his own and he will be going far in life. The first thing most girls will notice about bryce is his curly hair and his smile, a gene from My Mom's side of the family, Bryce can grow a natural fro, when his hair is longer he likes to go up to me and say "hey look!!! I'm an inch taller than you by a hair!!!" I then remind him that having long hair just makes it easier for me to take advantage of him in a fist fight, and he shuts up :). Me and Bryce have had our differences in the past, but we are working through them, something he's taught me to do with anyone who is willing to work with me and my many annoying mannerisms.

Nathan is amazing, I don't think there is anything he can't do. He started learning Suzuki Violin at a really young age so now he sounds like a virtuoso, and he's only fourteen!!! His goal is to be an Animator for pixar and he seems to be well on his way, like bryce, he is very good at art. Nathan is a very patient and easy going person and we get along together great. He likes to grab my hand and make me punch myself, I dramatically pretend that it hurts, then punch him back. We like to see how long we can continue this until My Mom makes us stop. One cool thing that Nathan an Bryce have been doing recently is making a game for the ipod, they plan to sell it on the app store, I think their goal is to finish it this summer. Nathan has a blog at http://www.enjoythyjourney.blogspot.com/ maybe he'd be willing to post progress updates there? i'm very interested to see how their game turns out, Its looking to be really legit.

Tyler will probably hate me for saying this, but he is still really cute. twelve years old, and I still think of him with his baby cheeks :) He is learning Guitar and is progressing very rapidly for the minimal amount of effort he puts into it, if he would work harder he'd be a Led Zeplin by the time he enters highschool. speaking of which, he is starting jr. high next year, I think he's a little apprehensive about that, but i'm sure he'll be fine. Tyler's favorite things to do are play video games and read books, not all that unlike me at his age, I'm hoping that eventually he'll grow out of video games a little, like i did, and he needs to get outside more and play sports. unlike me, he has amazing eyes and I think he could be very successful if he applied himself. It will be interesting to see what he does with his life in the next two years while i'm gone on my mission, I pray that he makes some good choices.

Zuki is our dog, her favorite things to do are sit on peoples feet, beg for food, and play with the neighborhood pets. Nathan named her after his tutelage, Suzuki, Zuki, get it? we think it's an awesome name. Zuki is an amazing pet, she doesn't smell, she doesn't bark to much, she doesn't bite, she knows tricks, and she comes back when you let her out of the house. We miss our old dog Nala, but Zuki is about as good of a replacement as can be found.

2 comments:

  1. :D Sounds like an awesome family :) hope you don't mind me reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAWSON = Dreamy, Animated, Whimsical, Sentimental, Original, Nerds.
    :O
    Oh yeah and I have a crush on Tyler. He's the cutest ;)

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style