Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First Stop: Adam-ondi-ahman

First place we stopped at? Adam-ondi-ahman, The sacred meeting place of our ancestral Patriarch Adam. 105 degrees, humidity index? sweltering. The car became a safe haven of cool-ness, outside, an oven. After being outside the cramped comfort of the backseat for only five minutes I was praying for global air-conditioning. I didn't let my discomfort distract my from the beauty of the place though, I took pictures from many angles and on the short nature hike available to us. All in all, we spent just under two hours there, but that was enough for us to be eager to get back to the car. Even with all the heat sweltering in on us, I couldn't help notice the special spirit that permeates the area, Its not just the beauty of the foliage either, there is something there that demands your respect, even if all you want to do is find the nearest glacier and roll around on it. It brought the message home to remember that this was where Adam had lived, and where a lot of future and sacred events are even yet to take place. I took a picture of it with my phone right as we were about to leave, Its now the wallpaper for my phone's screen and I am reminded about my brief time there every time I pick it up to check the time or talk to a friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style