Smile All-Ways: The definition

A way to wish everyone the best, and the ability to find a way to smile, no matter what befalls them on the roads of life. Also, It's my blog. It's in the Scriptures!!! 2 Nephi 9:39 Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal, Hence SMILE-ALLWAYS.


Saturday, February 12, 2011

In the Moment of Goodbye

In the Moment of Goodbye
a light might twinkle in her eye.
This light gives you a view,
of what she sees in you.

So as you depart, for the night,
remember to look, for that light.
A window, with words on a page.
A lock, with doves in its cage.

Read those words, and understand:
the poem writ', by loves trembling hand.
open that lock, and set the birds free!
let love shine forth, for the world to see!

Remember, what you hold is a treasure,
a gift, with price beyond measure
contained in this, the Moment of Goodbye,
when you caught that, a twinkling in her eye.

By Steven Dawson.

7 comments:

  1. Nice Steven. I liked it. So who's this girl that you saw a twinkle in her eye? :) Keep me updated on your life! Send me an email or call me on a Sunday around 7 pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would notice, I never said "I" once, this poem was addressed to someone, it wasn't about me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is my favorite! Can I love it? Well I do I love it. Its chickflick worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok ok. But, when someone writes poetry is often for their self. Sorry for getting it wrong. you are still awesome though. :) And I still want an update on your life. Maybe I'll call you when I'm not sick so I can actually talk to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it hard to write poetry for myself, usually it has to be about someone else or for someone else. Call when ever, if I don't pick up it probably means i'm busy, but i will definitely return the call, nights work best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, like your other slew of females, enjoyed this poem. It was very beautifully written. Hehe, I also agree that there must be a wonderful, new member of your opposite gender creating such romantic juices to flow from your brain! :P Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not when I wrote this there wasn't... :) I wrote this for sean, so he could know when a girl likes him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Provide a name or I shall ridicule you with style